Wednesday 8 August 2007

Muffins

I just dig muffins....soft, moist and chokeful of yummy ingredients...in particular - chocolate. I have tried some muffins that are supposedly double choc, you see the rich colour, but where oh where has the choc gone?

Recently I chanced upon these muffins that are pretty yummy, has sufficient "liao" (ingredients) in it and blossoms like a cauliflower. It is best eaten warm, fresh off the queue...yes queue...not oven...haha...cos you gotta queue to get these yummy florets. I got my girlfriend who was in the vicinity to get them for me - cranberry (the large one in the pic), choc, orange and cheese.

The cranberry is so-so...just muffin with lots of juicy cranberries...the cheese one is good, very generous they were with the soft cheese in it. The choc muffin is actually just choc rice sprinkled on top and inside the muffin. The ones on top gave the muffin added crunch, but those inside have melted and adds that chocolate dimension to an otherwise normal butter background. Having said all these, it is pretty good value for money...at only $1-$1.20 each.


So where is this place? It is Chocolat n Spice. They have 2 outlets - one at Shunfu market and the other at Tanjong Pagar. I have not tried the muffins from their Shunfu outlet, so I dunno if the quality and taste is the same.

Chocolat n Spice
Blk 1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#01-18
Singapore 082001
Tel: 9276 2110
Operating Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8.30am - 5pm
Sat: 8.30am - 3pm (Closed on Sundays & PH)

320 Shunfu Road (Shunfu Mart)
#02-12
Singapore 570320
Telephone : 93830413

No comments: