Tuesday 19 June 2007

Chicken Rice Chilli


There is something about chicken rice chilli that makes the whole experience of eating chicken rice that much more upbeat. My hubby for one loves the chilli. I have seen him ordering just the rice and ate it with the chilli. So I have decided to make a bottle to store at home.
it's really simple to make and I did it all in under 20min including washing up so I managed to get this yummy bottle done way before my little girl called for attention.
Here's the recipe.
Chicken Rice Chilli
8 - 10 big red chillis
4 - 8 cloves of garlic
2 inch chunk of old ginger
2 tbsp white rice vinegar
Just whizz everything together in an electric food processor. I used a mini electric chopper so I had to chop the chillis and ginger into smaller chunks. Store in any dry glass jar and it should keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week. You can keep it longer if you want but the taste will alter. Enjoy!
Note:
The chilli, garlic and ginger should be kept dry and void of any water droplets or moistyre, This helps the sauce keep longer and prevent from growing mouldy faster.
I also washed the chilli the night before and let it air-dry. Alternatively, you can wipe the chillis dry with a piece of dry cloth.

1 comment:

Winn said...

The chicken rice chilli is an impt component of the entire chicken rice eating experience :p Yum! Thanks for the recipe, will try it out next weekend or something. Cheers!